These terms are applicable to the use of City West Lotteries House's (CWLH) facilities (including any meeting room and car parking bay) by the Licensee and its employees, agents, contractors and visitors. By virtue of the Booking Request & Agreement being signed by the Licensee’s authorised person and in consideration of the payment of the booking charges, the Licensee agrees to be bound by these terms.
Section 1: General Conditions of Use
1. The meeting room (and any parking bay) allocated by CWLHfor hire by the Licensee must only be used for the Purpose of Use stated on the Booking Request and Agreement form.
2. Persons under the age of 18 years must be under adult supervision at all times.
3. The Licensee must not sub-licence its rights to any CWLH facilities use of the meeting room to any other group or person.
4. No pets or other animals are allowed on the premises at any time (apart from aid dogs).
Section 2: Insurance
The Licensee must maintain insurance for public liability (coverage of at least $20 million unless otherwise agreed to by CWLH in its discretion) and workers compensation liability insurance and provide a copy of its certificate of currency on demand by CWLH.
Section 3: Allocation
The meeting room and any car bays allocated to the Licensee will be determined by CWLH in its discretion, having regard for the Licensee's Purpose of Use and availability on the requested date.
Section 4: Use of the Facility
1. All persons entering CWLH property do so at their own risk.
2. The Licensee indemnifies CWLH against any action or demand arising from any damage, loss, injury or death caused or contributed to by:
· the Licensee’s or its employees, agents, contractors and visitors act or omission; or
· the Licensee’s or its employees, agents, contractors and visitors' use or occupation of any part of the CWLH building, meeting rooms and car parking area,
and the Licensee releases CWLH from liability or loss arising from and cost incurred in connection with damage, loss, injury or death occurring to any person or property caused or contributed to by the Licensee or its employees', agents', contractors' or visitors' use of the meeting room or any part of the CWLH property.
3. The Licensee must familiarise itself with the City West Lotteries House Evacuation Plan, on display in the CWLH building, prior to commencing any activities in any part of the building.
4. The Licensee must ensure that any emergency exits remain clear at all times.
5. The Licensee must not connect any equipment or attach item to the ceiling, walls or floors without the express written permission of City West Lotteries House.
6. The Licensee should confirm that all furniture, equipment and fittings are in good repair prior to use of the meeting room. The Licensee should note any damage, missing equipment or inadequate cleaning and report it immediately in writing to CWLH.
7. The Licensee is responsible for the conduct and behaviour of all persons attending their function.
Section 5:Furniture and Equipment
1. No items belonging to the Licensee or its employees, agents, contractors and visitors may be stored in CWLH meeting rooms or elsewhere on the CWLH site.
2. The Licensee must set up the room for themselves, in accordance with best practice health and safety procedures at all times (including in respect of manual handling practices).
3. The Licensee acknowledges that there are no telephone facilities in the meeting rooms.
4. All furniture and equipment remains the property of CWLH and will not be rented out, removed or relocated outside of the building.
5. The Licensee and the caterers shall not take into any of the CWLH meeting room facilities any gas or electrical appliance not supplied by CWLH (i.e. no spit roasts, hot plates etc.) without prior written permission from CWLH.
6. The Licensee must ensure that electrical cables and leads are tagged and used in a safe manner. They should not be laid across the meeting room floor.
Section 6: Alcohol, Drugs and Smoking
1. Alcohol is not permitted on the premises without the prior approval of CWLH and granting of the appropriate licence by any relevant authority, at the Licensee's cost.
2. No illicit drugs are to be bought onto or used within the building or grounds of CWLH.
3. Smoking is NOT permitted anywhere in the building or grounds of CWLH.
4. No gambling shall take place in any part of the facility.
Section 7: Cleaning
1. At the conclusion of the event, all furniture and equipment should be cleaned and returned to its proper location i.e. conference room chairs on chair trolleys at the back of the room; conference room flip top tables returned to vertical alignment and neatly nested together at the back of the room, chairs in meeting rooms placed around the table or neatly stacked.
2. If the kitchen is used, all dishes must be washed and put away, all benchtops wiped down with a damp cloth and dried, all food items removed from the fridge and the shelves wiped clean of any crumbs or spills, the stove top, grill and oven should be cleared of any crumbs or food spills and wiped down thoroughly.
3. All bins should be emptied, and the rubbish bags placed in the green general waste bins in the alcove to the North West of the building. The Licensee is encouraged to bring additional bin bags with them if running an event where food is served.
4. Any liquid spilt on the carpet should be cleaned immediately. In the first instance, warm water should be gently sponged onto the stained area.
5. A vacuum cleaner is available from CWLH's reception.
6. Failure to leave the facility tidy and clean, in CWLH's opinion acting reasonably, will result in the advertised cleaning fee being charged to the Licensee.
Section 8: Access to facilities
1. The Licensee acknowledges that:
· tenants of CWLH and Associate Members may apply to use CWLH's facilities for day and evening events, weekdays and weekends; and
· casual hirers may apply to use CWLH's facilities for daytime use between 8.30am and 5.00pm on weekdays.
2. All Licensees should arrange to collect the room keys from CWLH's reception between 9.00am and 4.30pm weekdays, either on the day prior to, or early on the day of the booking.
3. Room keys and / or security fobs must be returned to CWLH's reception immediately following the booked event, per the instructions provided by reception on collection of the key.
Section 9: After Hours Access – Associate Members
1. Please fob outside the front sliding doors to gain access to the building. Fob again on the grey panel inside the front doors to disarm the security and alarms (light 27 should stop glowing).
2. Repeat the process described above on exit. Fob at the grey panel inside the glass doors. You should see light 27 glow red, showing that the alarm is now armed. Please press the white button on the bricks to open the glass doors and exit the building.
3. Associate Members should leave the room keys and fob in the locked mail box behind reception.
Section 10: Leaving the CWLH facility
1. At the conclusion of your activity, please ensure that all items are returned to their correct location, chairs are stacked (onto the trolleys where provided) and tables stacked together.
2. Before leaving the room, please ensure all windows and doors are properly locked, turn off the lights, fans and air conditioning and if the kitchen has been used, ensure the urn and oven are switched off.
Section 11: Fees and Charges
1. The Licensee will be invoiced for room hire charges when the booking request is confirmed.
2. The Licensee must pay the room hire charges in full within 14 days of the date of invoice. Failure to do so may result in the booking lapsing.
3. CWLH's prefers charges to be paid by EFT. Payment details are included on the invoice. Please send an email confirmation to email@example.com when you make payment.
4. Fee reductions and requests to waive fees will not be granted, as fees are already discounted to provide great value to NFP organisations and other user groups.
5. All enquiries regarding invoices should be directed to CWLH Reception on 08 9420 7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The Licensee agrees that additional fees as advertised will be payable by the Licensee for the replacement or repair of lost, damaged or broken equipment, keys or other items, if any part of the CWLH building requires additional cleaning or if the Licensee causes or contributes to a fire alarm.
Section 12: Booking Changes and Cancellations
Once a room booking has been confirmed by CWLH, the following terms will apply:
1. All booking cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to CWLH's reception or emailed to email@example.com.
2. A cancellation will be confirmed by CWLH and the following cancellation fees will apply:
· 50% of the room hire charge applies to cancellations and/or rescheduling made less than 7 days prior to the date booked by the Licensee.
· 100% of the room hire charge applies to cancellations and/or rescheduling made less than 48 hours prior to the date booked by the Licensee.
· 100% of the room hire charge applies to a no-show.
All enquiries regarding room bookings or booking cancellations should be directed to CWLH's reception on 08 9420 7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.